We are a small educational environmental nonprofit organization. The organization stewards a 40-acre community land trust for community development. We recently began writing grants to fund a number of projects and are looking for grant writing help. We have many exciting projects but no experience with writing grant proposals.
Programming and Dollar Needs:
We are currently looking for funding for three projects:
(1) A yoga-based, therapeutic mind-body practice for women and girls at risk.
(2) A workshop series in sustainable living and community development focused on the building of a tiny house.
(3) An ongoing construction of an outdoor performance space owned and operated by the local community.
The Grant Writer should be ready to begin work on:
Our organization is a(n):
Our company is in existence for:
We presently provide or will be providing services in the geographic areas of:
Our nonprofit organization is located on a 40-acre community land trust in Connecticut. Supporting community-based, sustainable, compassionate and creative living since 1995, she is chartered to promote environmental education and interfaith spiritual practice and community. Stewarding the land and hosting a diverse community of stakeholders, that offers sacred space and educational resources for personal transformation, community development, and environmental healing. We currently serve communities by:
• Offering innovative educational programming in circus arts, mindfulness training, holistic healing, sustainable architecture and permaculture.
• Modeling and promoting sustainability in the development of the land trust.
• Maintaining and enhancing sacred space as a community resource.
• Supporting local arts culture and musical community as a performance space.
• Serving as the hub of an interfaith sangha (spiritual community).
• Building community resiliency through gatherings, gift economics, spiritual retreats and creative partnerships.
Through grants, year-round fund-raising, donations from stakeholders, and income from events and providing space for events and gatherings.
This will be our first time applying for grant funding.
We have previously received $5,000 in grant funds.
We have a copy of our previously written grant application(s).
Details upon request.
We have a fundraising packet.
We have several grant applications from fall 2017, which include detailed descriptions of the projects. We also have a crowdfunding campaign which we used to raise funds for our community stage project.