We are seeking a grant writer that can assist us in securing funding for our organization that will assist with operational expenses, enable us to better fulfill our mission and expand our services to our community.
Programming and Dollar Needs:
As of right now, everything that we're doing is being funded by myself along with the other members on the board. With additional funding, resources and/or support, we hope to be able to provide the following for our community:
- Secure and/or establish a small intimate venue of our own, that enables us to really get grounded in our community and expand on our scope of services.
- An important part of our mission is to create lucrative opportunities for artist, creative minds and music enthusiast. If we had an actual budget that we can allocate for our live concerts/events, we can pay the people that contribute to the live concert/event production what they're worth and deserve to be paid, not what their cost are or we can afford to come out of pocket. This will also make for a better live production that our community can enjoy and appreciate.
- Salaries for our organizations management team, live radio personalities, PR team, accounting and community engagement team
- Organization expenses such as Brick/Mortar Lease/Mortgage, Utilities, Software Requirements, Sound/Music Equipment etc
The Grant Writer should be ready to begin work on:
Provide a flat rate for writing and developing each of the following application(s):
Our organization is a(n):
Non Profit, 501c3, Foundation
Our company is in existence for:
We presently provide or will be providing services in the geographic areas of:
We are currently providing services and creating opportunities via:
- Our own online radio station. Local DJ's, Music Artist, Podcasters and individuals with a concentration on mass communication/journalism can utilize our platform to get exposure, relevant industry experience and access to the tools/resources needed to produce a quality production for our community and really, the world to see.
- Our team organizes local hip-hop events that allows us to do the following:
- Create opportunities for music artist to gain live performance experience and exposure to their target audience
- Create lucrative opportunities for local creative minds and contributors to a live production (i.e Live Sound Engineers, Photographers, DJ's, Host, Lighting Techs, Videographers, Public Relations etc). Which assist us with delivering a quality live production for our community and the world to see via live stream.
- State of the art production and recording studio that we make available to select artist we feel have a unique niche along with the work ethic and determination needed to advance within the music industry as an artist or one of the many contributors that play a role behind the scene, necessary to produce a quality music project.
These are the primary services we are offering however with additional funding and/or resources, we have a vision that could really change the landscape for music artist, creative minds and enthusiast within the greater VA. One of our main priorities at the moment is securing a venue and/or Brick and Mortar location to call home, so that we can really tap in with the community we serve.
As of right now, myself along with the other members on the board have been coming out of pocket to provide services and create opportunities within the financial capacity of our own contributions.
This will be our first time applying for grant funding.
We just recently got our 501c3 determination letter back in February, so we are sort of scratching the surface on attempting to utilize any grants or funding available.
We have not previously received grant funds.
We do not have a copy of our previously written grant application(s).
We do not have a fundraising packet.
Not certain as to exactly what a "fundraising packet" is, however I'm almost certain that we don't have one put together just yet.
We have an agency mission statement: "Empowering a community made of music artist, creatives and enthusiast, bound by Hip-Hop culture"
We strive to empower the creative minds within our Richmond, VA Hip-Hop community while preserving the 5 fundamental elements of Hip-Hop culture:
Emcee - putting spoken-word poetry to a beat
DJ - the artistic handling of beats and music
Breaking - Hip-Hop’s dance form
Writing - the painting of highly stylized graffiti
Knowledge of Self - the moral, social, and spiritual principles that inform and inspire Hip Hop ways of being.
Through our efforts we aim to establish a hub for the creative minds within the RVA Hip-Hop community; Embracing the culture by way of building organic relationships, fostering opportunity for creative minds and constructing a positive foundation for a community bound by Hip-Hop.
Which GrantWatch service solves your fundraising needs: Grants for nonprofits, small businesses and individuals; Fundraising for nonprofits; or Grant writing jobs & services?