Are you a grant writer?
If so, you are probably spending half to one quarter of your time finding new grant writing clients. How about living a much less stressful life by spending some of that time, just keeping your current grant writing clients happy.
How do you keep your clients happy?
- When you start the job – be sure you have a few ways to reach your client.
- Be responsive – respond to your clients emails and texts as they come in – even if it is an, "I am sorry I can't talk now – but I can in an hour."
- Be transparent – create a contract with a system of deliverables – as we have on GrantWriterTeam – so that everyone knows the date you will complete each part of the whole application. Meet your deadlines!!!
- Provide your client with their work product after they pay for a deliverable. (On GrantWriterTeam you will upload deliverables, enter a complete date and after payment the client can download their work product.)
- Mark drafts clearly as drafts – so no one gets upset over minor errors.
- Give your client a running list of documents needed – marking the date due; when received; and remind them often. You cannot submit a grant without all the documents. No one is happy when stress is created on the day of the grant deadline looking for documents.
- Read the RFP or application carefully so there are no surprises half way into the application.
- Spell check anything you provide to your client. Proofread and edit your text – you are the professional! A client should only need to review your text for content.
- If you make a mistake – take responsibility, apologize and happily correct your error. A happy client is a returning client.
- Thank the client for the opportunity to have worked with them and suggest your next steps.
At GrantWriterTeam we want you to develop a long term relationship with your client and we have set up our portal in a way that rewards those long term relationships. To find new clients and grant writing projects complete your profile on GrantWriterTeam.com.